“The Aim of therapy is to improve the quality of daily life.”
Nayna Kumari as mentored by Babette Rothschild
About Nayna Kumari
Nayna has been studying and practising a range of body therapies for nearly thirty years.
Psychotherapy Qualifications and Completed Courses
- MA degree in Integrative Psychotherapy and Healing Practices.
- Training in Somatic Trauma Therapy with Babette Rothschild. (This is a body-centred approach to the recognition and treatment of Traumatic Stress and Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder). https://www.somatictraumatherapy.com
- The London School of Biodynamic Psychotherapy – Year One of their four-year initial training – to understand and consolidate the links between trauma, the nervous system and behaviour.
Nayna trained with CRUSE Bereavement Care www.cruse.org.uk and offers face-to-face therapy or telephone support if preferred.
- Initial training with Dr. Christine Page
- Development to Master level in Reiki using the Usui method with Michael Kaufmann.
- Energy Moving Techniques with Michael Kaufmann – Master Practitioner of Neuro Linguistic Programming (NLP) and Time Line Therapy™.
Reflexology – Initial training at the Philip Salmon School of Reflexology.
Studied advanced techniques with Tony Porter.
British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy.
As a member of the BACP, she is bound by its ethical framework for good practice in counselling and psychotherapy, and subject to the professional conduct for the time being in force.
Nayna is currently working towards BACP accreditation.
“I’m interested in what the body does with emotions which have not been expressed. What happens in your body when the things you want to say can’t be said? When you have to hide how you feel?”
– Nayna Kumari